Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My connection

I've always looked at writing as an outlet, or even as a connection to human lives everwhere; it's all interwoven, our lives and the written word.

I've seen how God can use the written word to get His message accross, and I'm thrilled when He chooses to use me.

Let me rewind.  Sunday, we had a get together of sorts at a sister church.  People performed songs from our church and from theirs.  I signed "Hold My Heart" by Tenth Avenue North.  WOW!  What an incredible song!  SOOO powerful!  (And really active, it's a fun one.)

Well, each time I sign that song, I am connected to God through it, and although I'm performing the signs in front of people, I mostly feel God speaking through me, but in the background of that, I can sense God and me communicating! (I can't help but think that Tenth Avenue North's prayers have come about as well, having touched people with that song.  God spoke through them, and now their song is speaking through others)

That's incredible to me!

Sure, I want Him to use me, I want people to hear what He wants to say through me, but I've completely been naive to the fact that God can BE WITH ME as He USES ME! 

In my writing, I've always felt as though I communicate through it, and God does the same. But, I've never really grasped the fact that God and ME can have moments together as I write. Just me, and God as He uses my fingers to punch the keys.

This can be another form of worship for me and God.  I'm so excited to write tomorrow morning :D

Can you imagine?!
God speaking through me, and to me with words to you!
Cool, eh?

Let's go on an adventure!  God, me, my characters and you!

6 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I feel everytime I start a new story. My prayer is that through writing stories, God would draw me nearer to His heart and teach me His truths and then hopefully, use those same words to encourage others. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey!
    I'm just now preparing to resume another piece of work I'd started.
    I'm looking at this whole thing with a fresh spirit, I can't wait!

    I'm especially excited about drawing close to His heart.

    I know He wants to use me for something, he donsn't bless talents and not flourish them from underneath as they're used.

    thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cool thought, Kelly! I just love your enthusiasm! I'd never thought of writing being a form of worship, but it truly is. Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said.

    Words are so powerful, and when you add music it can bring it to another dimension. It's like expressions of the heart in 3D.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, girls. I'm so glad this has helped you :)
    God is good!

    ReplyDelete