Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Through God ALL Things...

Are Possible!
Lord knows I didn't think it could happen, but it has! 
50,000 words in a month! 
To all the NaNo's out there, GREAT job!  This took a lot of sacrifice, hard work, and a lot of toil in fighting that inner critic. 

My inner critic was a brat! 
I showed her, though!
I did the prologue in third person and without thinking twice, switched to first on chapter one!
Here's the best part...it's STILL sitting like that in my computer.  (teehehe)

I found myself looking forward to spending time with my characters, and with God writing without care of what was left in the wake.
I finally just threw a story down like the first layer of primer to the painter.
I'm NOT so excited to go back and tweak, respell...okay, BUTCHER the thing, but hey, you can't edit a blank page!

I LOVED this push.
I needed that one.
Here is the rundown of how I was working on before NaNo (which I plan on fully continuing this story in the morning, just a lot differently now that I can do it)
-I did three first drafts of the thing.
-I plotted (slowly, detailed) for a full month and worked out all the bugs (not finished plotting, though!  Only about 1/3rd of the way through)
-Still looking at part of the draft and not happy with it. 
-Going to work on that tomorrow. 

Here's the rundown of how I did the NaNo book.
-Plotted for 2 days
-Wrote for 30
-To edit when I finish previous WIP  (4th) first draft.

The good news?
All those stories that are flying in my head are going to get put down a lot more quickly now that I know I can do it.
Here's to November, and December and January, and Feb...

Juggle I must...

How did your NaNo go?
Have you ever done it?
What did you learn from it?
Will you do it again?



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! Congratulations!! It's so exciting to hear NaNo successes. I did not participate, but am thrilled to cheer on those who did. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. I had a really good time kicking that inner critic's butt :)
    Looking forward to it for another project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS KELLY!!!!!
    Well, my goal of 85K? Not happening. However the goal of 50K? So far I'm at 41,259 (so says the NaNo counter) but I just finished the last scene of the first draft. So... problem.

    Oh well. It's not the first time I've drafted short. I'm not sure I can do another 8K in less than 5 hours... when it's adding to stuff... but there'd probably be a better shot if I stopped this comment, huh? :-)

    Seriously, Kelly.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually signed up for nano but I never did it, just don't have the time being in college but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kelly! Knowing you can do it is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. :D

    Wendy, hahah, you're a nut. I'm proud of you for trying and digging into something so tough. You had a battle not only with the book but with spiritual stuff, that's hard to get through and then jump up in the morning, ready to do it again. I'm proud, girl.

    Cameron, Um...yeah. If you've got that crazy schedule you told us about a while ago, I can see why you'd skip a little NaNo, lol.

    Rosslyn, Thanks. I agree! :)

    ReplyDelete